Last updated: 6th January 2019
We are the Amarkt Lda (“we”, “us”, “our”), and we are committed to protecting your privacy.
- Who is the data controller?
- What personal data about customers does Amarkt collects?
- What purposes does Amarkt process your personal information?
- What about cookies?
- Who do you share my information with?
- How security is about my information?
- What are my privacy rights?
- What age of users are suitable for Amarkt Services?
- How long do we keep your personal information?
- Third Party Websites
- Contacts, Updates & Notices
Amarkt Lda owns and runs Amarkt.pt website. Amarkt Lda is the controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) a company registered in Campus Universitário de Santiago, Edifício 1, 3810-193 Aveiro - Portugal (NIPC No. 514210095).
Should you have any queries about our use of your personal data, please contact [email protected].
When you interact with us, whether by using our Website or communicating with us, we may collect the following information about you:
- Information you give us: you may give us information about yourself if you sign up for an account on our Website, place an order for products, complete any online forms (such as registration forms, competitions, and surveys), opt in to receive our newsletters and special offers, enter a competition or promotion, participate in social media functions with our Website, or correspond with us (by email, telephone, instant chat, social media or otherwise).
Depending on what you provide, this information can include your name, address or location, phone number and email address, date of birth, gender, purchase information, shopping preferences, images and financial information (including your credit or debit card details, although we do not hold them, our payment processors do).
- Information we receive from other accounts or sources: we can receive information about you from other sources, such as from your other accounts or other websites, including data brokers, our Partners, social media providers like Facebook and Google, advertising networks and analytics partners, and payment and delivery service providers.
By logging in to our mobile applications via Facebook or Google, or linking your account on our Website to your Facebook or Google accounts, you are giving us permission to obtain certain information and content from these accounts. The specific types of information that we may obtain depends on your settings for that account or website, and will be subject to their privacy policies.
- Information our IT systems collect about you: each time you visit the Website, certain information will be created and automatically recorded by our IT systems. That information includes:
b) The information provided by your device will differ depending on which type of device you are using, the device’s IP address, the browser you are using, your mobile network provider (for mobile devices), the pages you have visited, your time zone and country location, and crash or download error reports.
We process your personal information to operate, provide, and improve the Amarkt Services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Register and manage your account in our Website. We collect your name, email, password and other additional details you may wish to add in your account, like phone number, addresses and gender. The legal basis is the performance of a Contract with you.
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Amarkt Services. We collect your device information (for instance, your device IP address and device type), Cookie identifiers and browsing information. We use your personal information to administer, maintain and optimise our Website and our services, provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve usability and effectiveness of the Amarkt Services.
- Recommendations and personalisation. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, to send you marketing communications and personalised offers, identify your preferences, and personalise your experience with Amarkt Services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal information. For instance, we collect from sellers information regarding place of address and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Amarkt Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. The legal basis is our legitimate interests in running our business.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Amarkt website, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
- Purposes for which we seek your consent. We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
- Recognising you when you sign-in to use our services. This allows us to provide you with product recommendations, display personalised content, enable you for purchasing, and provide other customised features and services.
- Providing you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket.
- Targeting your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve Amarkt's content, products, and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Delivering content, including ads, relevant to your interests on Amarkt sites and third-party partner.
- Reporting. This allows us to measure and analyse the performance of our services.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our customers' personal information to others. Amarkt provides the website and our services, we share customers' information only as described below:
- Transactions involving internal staff: We make available to you services, products, applications, or skills provided by internal staff for use on or through Amarkt Services. For example, you can receive technical support, training, customer service, business advice from internal staff or through Amarkt Services.
- Protection of Amarkt and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of Amarkt Lda, our users or others.
Our system designs to protect your personal information with specific technical and organisational security measures aimed at preventing your personal information from being used illegitimately or fraudulently.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- Pay securely with your credit card VISA / MASTERCARD or PAYPAL or Multibanco (Only Portugal) online, your details are protected by Comodo SSL encryption (the highest level of protection commercially available). We do not keeping details of your credit or debit card that would enable any third party to transact using that credit or debit card.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Requiring you to establish and protect your account by a unique username and password on our Website. It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
If you have any questions or objection as to how we collect and process your personal information, please contact us by system message or by email to [email protected].
- Many of our Amarkt Services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the Amarkt Services.
- You can access, add or update certain information on pages in “Your account” dashboards, you can see information about you, namely your account details including your name, address, profile information, your order history and shopping preferences, .
- Sellers can add or update certain information in “Seller account” dashboards, update their seller account information, communications, or notification preferences.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to marketing at any time by contacting us, or clicking “unsubscribe” on a marketing email.
- You can request to receive a copy of your data that we process based on your consent or on the basis of a contract in a standard format.
In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to, correct, and delete your personal data, and to ask for data portability. You may also object to our processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us by system message or by email to [email protected].
Amarkt Lda doesn't sell products for purchase by children. If you're under 18, you may use Amarkt Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.